Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at New England Wildlife Centers!
Learn more about current openings at our Centers in Weymouth and Barnstable below.
Front Desk Administrator, New England Wildlife Centers – Weymouth
We seek a part-time (approximately 24 hours per week) front desk administrator responsible for:
- Answering phones and clearing messages in a busy veterinary practice.
- Scheduling appointments for veterinary team in Microsoft Excel.
- Data entry of fees from appointments, retail store, tours, birthday parties and/or donations made at the front desk using Quick Books (includes cashing out).
- Greeting clients and members of the public.
- Some word processing.
- Fielding or directing questions about sick and injured wildlife, retail store and educational programs to the appropriate person.
- Working with volunteers.
- Coordinating key organizational functions such as checking clients in and out of appointments, checking animals in and out of hospital or boarding.
- Ability to liaison with all staff and volunteers including veterinarians, wildlife care personnel, and teams from accounting, development and education.
- Support the Center’s “brand” by creating friendly atmosphere, which includes ensuring music is playing, baking cookies during Odd Pet Vet hours and other tasks to be determined.
- Assist in other projects as designated by Assistant Director, CEO, or Chairman.
- Other related (and sometimes unrelated) administrative tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Upbeat, positive attitude.
- Ability to multi-task and attention to detail.
- Ability to liaison with many different types of people.
- Self-starter who is able to anticipate problems and suggest solutions to supervisor.
- Proficiency in Quickbooks and/or Microsoft Excel preferred.
Please send resume electronically to: Heather Byrnes at email@example.com
If mail is preferred, please send resume to: Nina Flaherty, New England Wildlife Center, 500 Columbian Street, South Weymouth, MA 02190Employment Opportunities