Rodenticide Poisoning Recovery

by intern on January 28, 2015 Comments Off on Rodenticide Poisoning Recovery

Many of you probably remember the story that we shared recently about a Red Tailed Hawk that died from Rodenticide poisoning. It is unfortunately a common issue for us at New England Wildlife Center, with some hawks surviving and some not. Whether we can successfully treat the poison or not is impacted by numerous factors, including how quickly the animal comes to us after exposure and how much poison was ingested. Today I wanted to share some happy news, which is that we are currently successfully treating two poisoned Red Tailed Hawks at NEWC, one of which you can see here receiving subcutaneous fluids. Both hawks are stable, eating well, and are on track to make full recoveries.

Rodenticide Two

internRodenticide Poisoning Recovery