New England Wildlife Centers
Welcome to New England WIldlife Center!
The mission of New England Wildlife Center is to give animals and people a place to thrive.
How Do We Do It?
Our care-based approach to science education is purposefully designed to provide critical veterinary treatment to animals in need now, while sharing the skills and knowledge people of all ages need to preserve nature for future generations.
Our key services and programs include:
- The Jane Carlee Wildlife Hospital, the only comprehensive wildlife hospital in the metro-Boston area
- The Odd Pet Vet, an affordable exotic pet clinic
- The NEWC Wildlife and Exotic Animal Medicine Internship Program
- Award-winning STEM educational curricula for elementary, middle, and high schools
- The Weezie Nature Center, tree house, and nature trails, open to the public year-round
- Elisabeth Allison Raccoon Study Area and the Araquon Lodge, our public in-house theater for science and nature videocasts
- The NEWC wildlife rehabilitation certification program
- Community meeting space for science educators, reptile enthusiasts, animal control officers, wildlife caretakers, folk musicians, and habitat-based artists
Why Is It Important?
The more people have the opportunity to experience a connection with animals and the natural world, the more they understand their individual potential to positively impact themselves, our environment, and all living things.
We value the vital role animals of all species play in the natural world, the ecology of our community, and in our own personal well-being. We also believe in the power of kinesthetic learning – or learning by doing – to help people of all ages and backgrounds discover how they can contribute to building and maintaining a healthy ecosystem.
Our programs and services provide the critical link between animals and people in order to inspire environmental awareness and to provide the skills necessary to make a significant contribution to preserving nature for future generations.
You Can Be a Part of It!
- Learn more. Find out about our Wildlife Hospital, STEM school programs, rehabilitation courses, and internships.
- Get Involved. NEWC receives no federal or state funding – people like you make the difference for wildlife!